Sunday, January 06, 2013

Selecting Short Stories for High School Lit Class

I found this interesting online commentary with various high school teachers suggesting their favorite short stories to use in their classrooms. This is helpful as I contemplate which short stories my high school homeschooler should read.

Picking Short Stories for a High School Literature Class

I found some of these online and read them, which was relaxing and entertaining, and took away some of my fear of working with my sons on a course I design myself.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I, too, have done the research for teaching an English 1 class for high schoolers. After a great deal of research, I decided on these titles: Romeo and Juliet, To Kill a Mockingbird, a collection of poetry, and a series of short stories including "Cask of Amontillado", "The Lottery", "Gift of the Magi", and Thurber's "Catbird Seat".
It seems like we read another book, but I can't think of the title right now...

Thanks for the link!