Sunday, August 15, 2010

Feeling Pissy

Although I had a good night's rest today has turned out to be a day when I'm in a terribly pissy mood and feeling overwhelmed to boot. I've lost my patience with both of my kids and it's going to be a long day. On days such as these this is what I do to save my sanity:

1. Stay offline as much as possible lest I communicate something via email that I may regret or stir up more trouble than I intended due to that "bad tone" coming through.

2. Stay away from social networking sites as something my friends and acquaintences say may tick me off further.

3. Stay away from all news sources as any number of current events or even local events are so annoying or upsetting or frustrating that they will add fuel to my ignited fire and I'll get in a worst mood, yet be in no position to affect any change in whatever it was that ticked me off in the news anyway.

So with that said, I'm heading offline, sorry I don't have the mental energy to come up with something better than this for a blog post today.

P.S. I checked the calendar and it's possible that this is my usual one bad day a month PMS time.

P.P.S. There is a homeopathic remedy for PMS by Boiron that I own but never used I think I'm going to give it a try. Oh, and I have a sample of the supplement "Happy Camper", a giveaway from the health food store which I thought was funny, that has (surprisingly) worked in the past. I'm going to pop those capsules as well. Even if they are little more than placebos, it can't hurt.

4 comments:

wonderinthewoods said...

I really love reading your blog Christine! I don't always comment because the whole verification thing is a pain and usually I lose my comments, not just here but at every blogspot blog.... Anyhow, I love what you write. I love how authentic you are and I do believe that any woman who says she hasn't had a day like yours today is lying! LOL Have some chocolate friend. And good idea staying away from on-line communcation I believe I will take that advice!! I'm fit to be tied over some family stuff. :D

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I regularly have that one day, too. I feel pissy, and like I could just crawl out of my skin. I want to smash something, and everything feels like a monumental effort.
Have a better day tomorrow.

Welcome!!! said...

This is a great post for me. I recently dealt with an annoying 6th-grade-ish social situation and your tips here are really timely... especially no FB!! Thanks

christinemm said...

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I did feel better after a good night's sleep. And it was PMS related.