Friday, June 08, 2007

I Did Finish "The Book Thief"

I finished "The Book Thief" on Tuesday during the day.

It got to the point where I was carving out time during the day to make time to read it.

As I neared the end I made it clear to my children that they were to be respectful of the fact that I was reading a very emotional book and wanted to be able to read it without being interrupted, basically. My younger son was reading a book in the same room with me.

What I'll say quickly at this point is that I began crying at about page 500 and continued crying nearly constantly for the entire last 50 pages. I even had to stop and give myself time to compose myself.

I plan to blog more about this after I am home from the conference. I'd like to say a few things about the book and story.

Note: My final thoughts on this book can be read in a blog entry dated June 26, 2007, here.

My first blog entry written while I was in the middle of the book is here:
Currently Reading “The Book Thief” by Marcus Zusak



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , .

No comments: