Friday, January 26, 2007

Can't Use Left Hand

I will be publishing something that I wrote in the past but didn't publish as I can't use my left hand today.

I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible pain and a limited range of motion in mr wrist and hand. I am going to the doctor later today. This is weird to only have one hand and the pain is bad, too. I am a bit freaked out about this.
Right now I am hunting and pecking with the fingers of my right hand.

It is also scary and freaky to experience.

Update 9:30 am 1/27/07: I was punted to the ER and was evaluated with an x-ray. I have what may be the most vague diagnosis ever. First the doctor suggested I must have whacked my wrist on something once or twice during the day but forgot about it and later felt the injury's affects. Okey-dokey.

But the bottom line is he said that many expensive diagnostic tests could be done to try to find the actual diagnosis but since the treatment is cheap and the same, what is the point of doing it?

I was told to rest it, apply ice, and to take an NSAID.

I will say this: living without the use of one hand and having that hand and wrist in a constant pain is not pleasant or easy.

It is a little better so far.

No comments: